Temporary Pantry Hours for October 2020
Please have your trunks empty & bring your ID
Drive-Thru Pantry Guidelines
1. Please arrive in your vehicle, with your trunk cleared. You will not need to leave your vehicle.
2. Please bring a pen to fill out the paperwork.
3. For parents or legal guardians with children under the age of 3 who need baby diapers, please bring proof of date of birth for each child.
At our pantry, you will receive:
- A week's supply of food including: meat, produce, bread, dairy, canned and boxed goods
- Hygiene items such as: deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste and toilet paper (diapers are available for young children)
- Assistance applying or recertifying for SNAP (food stamps)
- Referrals to other community assistance
- Employment resources
If you need additional assistance or are in a crisis situation, you can meet with a Client Service Specialist who can connect you to additional resources.
Due to the current situation with the coronavirus, elderly or individuals with compromised immune systems can have a family member or friend pick up their food pantries for them. You can download the forms below or pick one up from a staff member at Heartland Hope Mission. For more information on services during this situation, please visit our website at https://heartlandhopemission.org/news-events/covid-19-updates.html.
This form is used for individuals who are unable to come to the food pantry physically and need a family member/friend to pick up their food pantry. This form needs to be filled out by the individual who receives the food pantry and by the individual who picks up the food pantry.
To receive services, this application needs to be filled out completely, front and back.
What To Bring
Please bring the following items with you in order to access the pantry:
One photo identification such as:
- Personal driver's license
- State ID
- Work ID
- Omaha Housing Authority ID
- Tribal ID
- Mug shot
One form of identification for other members of the household include:
- Social Security card
- School ID
- Work ID
- Medicaid card/letter
- Birth certificate
Proof of address. If your photo ID is from out of state, but you live in Nebraska, you will need proof of address. The follow items can be used:
- Mail from a government agency, such as Medicaid, dated within the last 60 days
- A bill, such as a phone or electric bill, dated within the last 60 days
- A lease
Heartland Hope Mission cannot accept handwritten letters or photocopied documents as proof of identification or address. Please come prepared to sign a statement of monthly income.
How often you can receive services
Heartland Hope Mission's pantry allows households to visit the food and clothing pantry once a month. Households where everyone is a senior (ages 60 or older) or disabled (proof of disability required) can visit the pantry two times a month and those experiencing crisis situations may be approved for additional assistance.
Need help beyond what Heartland Hope Mission provides? Please call United Way's First Call for Help (dial 211) for additional assistance.
This pantry provides TEFAP product(s) to those in need, no ID or additional information required to receive TEFAP.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.